It’s common knowledge that the worst thing for any boat is having it sit around on dry land. And when it comes to getting rid of a boat, the bigger the boat, the harder and more complicated it is to get rid of. The Differences Between a Boat and a Ship There’s a thin line […]READ MORE
Are you planning on moving in Chicago this spring, summer, or fall? If you’re feeling overwhelmed with the moving process and planning all the moving parts, you might be thinking about things like hiring a junk removal service like us and then trying DIY moving – you know, the old couch and mattress on top of the car maneuver…but that’s not going to be too safe when you’re driving from Lakeview to West Town!
Or maybe you’re thinking that since you have to get rid of a bunch of junk that won’t fit in the new place, why not just ask the strong Junk Removal Specialists to remove your unwanted items and move the heavy furniture for you…before you get too far into that idea, let’s talk!
We get a lot of calls about moving items for our customers after their junk removal services, thinking it’s the most cost effective option. But for your belonging’s well-being, we have always recommended going to a professional mover versus relying on us, and we thought we would share why:
Trucks and Tools
While our teams are strong and able, our tools, trucks, and teams are set up for removing, not professional moving.
- Our truck’s open tops could damage items due to Chicago’s unpredictable weather. We all know booking even a day or two out can result in a totally different weather pattern!
- Tools – While we’re prepared to disassemble and remove just about anything, we don’t have all the packing materials readily available to protect your items.
- While we’re careful to remove the items without damaging your home, damage in transit in an open truck without ratchet straps and proper rails is a different story. You will need a professional team to be sure your items are 100% safe.
Packing is the #1 preventative measure to avoid broken items – We’d hate to damage your items, and our crews aren’t always equipped to pack the specific items in the proper type of packaging or moving bins and help inform you of proper versus risky packing.
Peace of Mind and Insurance
While we are very cautious to take care while removing your items, when moving them across the city or out to to the suburbs of Chicago, you will probably want the claims coverage and peace of mind that comes with a professional moving company.
If something happens on the move day where you can’t put the items in your new home, you need a company that’s set up for storing your belongings safely and securely. Our facilities aren’t set up to handle these emergency storage situations and we’d hate put your belongings at risk.
At the end of the day, we think it’s best to use the proper company for the job…kind of like how you wouldn’t use a plumber to do your electrical work just because he’s “very handy” and conveniently at your house to fix the sink.
So you’re probably asking yourself, if we’re recommending you don’t use us for your moving needs…Who do I call?
For years, we have recommended Move-tastic!
We recommend them because:
- They’re another company that cares about their customers as much as we do!
- They’re another local Chicago moving company, so you’ll be dealing with people who live in and know the City of Chicago and suburbs instead of someone coordinating your move from a far off state hundreds of miles away.
- Finally, they’re just a great team. They make the moving experience easy, enjoyable, and quite frankly, Move-tastic! There’s no other way to describe it!
When it comes to moving professionally, a company like Move-tastic! will know what it takes to ensure that your most valuable items are taken care of and at your new place safe and sound. Let us help you with the Junk Removal part of your move…but from packing, to safely moving, to storage if you need it, trust them!